Wednesday, November 5, 2008

complications with interviews

So I thought that I had an edge. I e-mailed both PETA2 and the Animal Liberation press office a week in advance of my article's due date. I figured that they would take a couple days to respond, so I didn't really worry about it when they hadn't responded over night.

Fast forward to Sunday, three days before my article is due and I have yet to hear back from them. This is a problem.

Nervous, I decided that I would have to take action very quickly. I decided to interview students and a teacher instead. This, for the most part, worked out; just not the way I had hoped.

I see where journalism becomes very difficult. Interviewee's are unpredictable. Deadlines... are not. I just hope that in the future when I'm dealing with large companies I'll make sure to send them the questions a month in advance.

Oh, the funny thing about PETA2 and the Animal Liberation press interviews is that they eventually did respond to my emails... a couple days after the assignment was due.

No comments: