Wednesday, December 3, 2008

the light at the end of the road isn't so bright

I'll be the first to say it... I'm scared for graduation. I'm still a junior and I still have "a lot of time," but honestly, I'm getting nervous for graduation.

I'm going to New Zealand next semester which should be awesome, but it doesn't help my predicament. I'm clueless and lost in my major. I wish I went into nursing or biology (even though I'm not a fan of either) because at least they would have given me a narrower list of careers (that pay well).

I have yet to apply or even consider an internship. I don't even know what I want to do to be honest.

My mom is always telling me to apply for an internship and I always ask her "where!?" And she responds "a newspaper or magazine company." False. I'm not a fan of the news... why should I write for it?

Also, I'm not a fan of writing in general. Which therein lies the problem: I'm a writing major with no desire to write. I feel like I might have picked a dead-end major which may lead to a dead-end job. I am not thrilled for the future.

An offbeat idea that I recently got was to start an band with electronic synths and pop beats. For fun. Who knows, maybe it'll get popular.

I've also been told that I should get into acting. I don't know why I haven't yet, so maybe sometime soon I'll check it out.

No comments: